The annual PRSA Phoenix Publicity Summit returns Saturday, September 29th featuring a new venue – the First Amendment Forum at ASU’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication. The interactive half-day event runs 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. offering PRSA members and all communications professionals a day of networking, presentations, breakout panels, lunch and one-on-one speed pitching opportunities to let your stories shine or get assistance refining them. The Publicity Summit has been a mainstay on the Phoenix Chapter’s event calendar for several years, highly recommended by practitioners as an effective method for sharpening communications skills in a real-time media networking environment.
Over 25 of the Valley’s top journalists from print, online, radio and television news outlets are scheduled to attend for panel discussions and the one-on-one pitching opportunities. And, for the first time, the Publicity Summit will present a four-member Hispanic media panel.
PRSA Phoenix welcomes Jodie Heisner, president of Bottom Line Media Coaching, for the Keynote presentation, “Hit ‘em with your best shot,” that will help attendees perfect their elevator pitches. Heisner is a master messenger, a former ABC 15 news producer, lifestyle show producer, investigative/consumer producer, special projects producer and news reporter.
Chapter member Virginia Anderson of Allison + Partners helped organize this year’s event and shares these several things you may not know about this year’s Publicity Summit.
- Jodie Heisner is going to change the way you approach your pitches – so get your notepad ready and practice those elevator speeches.
- When we say “get your pitches ready” – we mean it! Last year, an interview with KFYI was done on the spot because the pitch was so solid.
- We have free wireless internet, so electronically connect to your colleagues and media during the event.
- For the first time, we are offering a group rate of $300 for 3 people from the same company – this is great for companies who would like to send multiple team members to share their great stories.
- ASU’s First Amendment Forum is the centerpiece and formal gathering area of the Cronkite School’s six story, 223,000 square foot learning and media facility. The Forum’s widescreen projection system and two-story seating set the stage for this dynamic event.
Advance pricing of $100 (non-profit), $115 (PRSA members) and $130 (non-members) is available until September 25th. Registration available here. Walk-ins are also welcome and free parking is available. For more information, contact Virginia Anderson at Virginia@allisonpr.com or 623-201.5561.
Bring your colleagues, a cool breeze, your favorite pitches and make sure we see you there.